If you want to take control of your finances for today and tomorrow, our team of expert accountants, tax consultants, and business advisers can help.
Back office system automation
Our client operates in the haulage sector, with turnover of £2.5m and has an established small finance team. With the company experiencing growth, the team needed support on both day to day financial work as well providing directors with timely information and reporting. When a member of the team left, the directors asked us to assist with the running of the back office system.
How we supported the client
Firstly, we undertook a review of the current systems and processes in place, working alongside the existing finance member of staff. From our review, we developed a solution to include:
- The switch from a desktop accounting package used to an agile cloud based approach
- The use of technology to streamline purchase invoice entry through the use of an automated system. This help to improve the accuracy of the entries and make the process more efficient.
- The generation of sales invoices through the accounting system, rather than stand alone, improving the timeliness of processing and removal of duplications.
- The use of an automated bank feed
- The introduction of an App to manage employee expenses and link into the accounting system.
- The use of custom reporting to deliver timely and bespoke management accounts to the directors. This was now possible further to the above changes ensuring the back-office system now operated more efficiently.
Our review, and implementation of the suggested changes resulted in a more efficient and effective finance team. This allowed a better flow of information to the directors to help them run the business with a more forward-looking approach.