We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits to our employees, including annual leave purchase scheme, health and wellbeing initiatives, career progression opportunities and agile working.
Tax Manager – Property (IPS014)
Are you seeking your next career step in a progressive regional accountancy firm? LB Group, a top 75 accountancy firm, is looking to recruit a Tax Manager to their tax team based in the Ipswich Office, but supporting the whole firm.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our specialist property tax and tax advisory team supporting HNWIs, Non-Tax professionals (e.g. law firms) and a wide variety of corporate and individual clients from all demographics and business sectors and to work on highly technical and commercial projects with great exposure across the spectrum of UK Tax.
If you are looking to work for a business that will value your experience and technical proficiency, this Tax role could be for you. You will ideally have achieved ATT or CTA or be qualified by experience.
We will ensure you will have the opportunity to deliver a broad range of tax services to high-net-worth individuals, and business clients and professional contacts.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with three to four years’ experience in either property tax or mixed tax, preferably within an accountancy firm environment.
You should be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, professional approach to clients and colleagues and a firm commitment to providing a top-quality service to our clients.
Flexibility is key, there may be a requirement to work additional hours during the busy period leading up to the self-assessment tax return deadline in January and to ensure urgent advisory work is delivered timely to clients.
- Managing advisory delivery for a large portfolio of clients including individuals, partnerships, corporates and trusts.
- Preparation of technical tax advice notes and reports for internal teams, external non-tax professionals and direct to client advice.
- Assisting on complex HMRC enquiries and disclosures covering a wide range of UK tax issues.
- Review of work prepared by junior members of staff.
- Providing guidance to colleagues in the other departments on tax-specific matters.
- Providing ad-hoc guidance to internal and external colleagues on a variety of tax matters by email, telephone and in written format.
- Involvement in training and development of junior team members.
- Ensuring the team and the firm maintains the highest quality and up to date UK tax knowledge and awareness of relevant tax planning opportunities.